View Single Post
Old 15 May 17, 23:38
General of the Forums
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 
Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Originally Posted by Pruitt View Post
Good articles Paul!

I have never seen a unit like this before...without a doubt the best battalion in the Corps. I was in 4 infantry battalions, one of which was lead by a Medal of Honor Marine and one infantry regiment.....none of them came close to what LtCol Marcus Mainz has built.

Something that stood out to me today was listening to the units report when the battalion was called to attention. They don't report with their phonetic alphabet company designations....they report with there numeral designations from World War I.

They are coming up to Quantico in July to celebrate their 100 year Anniversary. From the most junior Marine PFC all the way up the chain...they all love the battalion.

We have heard of how people are 'groomed' in the service....I honestly think Marcus is grooming the Marine Corps.

The attached is the invitation to attend the Anniversary Dinner. I coordinated with the History Division on Quantico and they are pulling all stops to make this a major success. We are going to take a picture of the battalion within hand grenade range of a picture from the battalion in 1917. we couldn't get the exact location because there is a building on in now.

I would give just about anything to be 30 years younger and a Sergeant in 2/6 right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BN Anniversary Invitation (1).jpg (133.6 KB, 8 views)