View Single Post
Old 06 Oct 17, 05:48
General of the Forums
Sweden
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700] Johan Banér is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckster View Post
Interesting to note from your link even though not WW1 related. Now admittedly I'm not well read up on the subject but what I have read on the subject usually involved more of the Poles activity re pre-war engima and this is the first I've of the French's involvement...
Yep, it's curious... might have to try to look into that.

Though sometimes I think that everyone and his granny was breaking the German cipher machines early in the war. Something about the unique British perspective on their achievements there... It seems it was less about intel gathering and cryptography, but more about the most roundabout way of doing it, which at the same time advanced man into the computer age because Turing was a nutty genius. If the British had stuck to the conventional combo of agents, intel and cryptography, they could have gotten there by a more direct route. The Swedes did.