View Single Post
Old 05 Oct 17, 16:39
Lieutenant General
United_States

Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99] Stonewall_Jack is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateship1982 View Post
The very fact that he cites movies as history sources has me facepalming.

It does have me thinking he might be a troll. I'm not sure if anyone would truly be that thick. Saying that for attention sounds more plausible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmat View Post
... but I should mention that I've come across this sort of person from the UK before. There's a small but distinct demographic that extols the virtues of the American West; they voraciously read Dusters, buy Country & Western records, wear gaudy leather cowboy style boots, Stetsons, bandannas and they just soak up shows like "The Rifleman", "Bonanza", movies like "A Man Called Horse" and "Dances With Wolves", and true life historical characters like Kid Shelleen, Bronco Billy Anderson and Tonto; it's like a Western Underground in Britain.

I once saw a documentary on the phenomenon, it was frightening; good thing these delusional anachronists are a small minority. This British Pathé piece shows a Dude Ranch in Sussex, where such Wild West infatuants and old spikes can get their tumble weed fix close to home:

There's a fine line between a troll, and an idiot.
This is not civil discourse ^ Poor old spike deserves to be treated better.
Join the Templars-http://www.knightstemplarorder.org/
Sponsored Links