View Single Post
Old 05 Oct 17, 16:26
Lieutenant Colonel
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Let me just clarify that I'm not saying all Indian tribes were badasses, it was just the odd one or two that had nasty habits; for example I've already said that Tonto was one of my boyhood role models for being as cool as a cucumber when he was sinking in quicksand..
There are also some great Indian quotes, for example I like this one by Chief Seattle which shows he had a deep philosophical side-

"Every part of this earth is sacred to my people.
Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every clearing and humming insect is holy in the memory and experience of my people.
The sap which courses through the trees carries the memories of the red man.
We are part of the earth and it is part of us.
The perfumed flowers are our sisters; the deer, the horse, the great eagle, these are our brothers.
#The rocky crests, the juices in the meadows, the body heat of the pony, and man, all belong to the same family.
The rivers are our brothers, they quench our thirst. The rivers carry our canoes.
The sight of your cities pains the eyes of the red man.
There is no quiet place in the white man's cities. No place to hear the unfurling of leaves in spring or the rustle of the insect's wings.
The clatter only seems to insult the ears."- Chief Seattle of the Suquamis

http://www.stevenredhead.com/Native/

Last edited by Poor Old Spike; 05 Oct 17 at 16:31..