View Single Post
Old 05 Oct 17, 03:35
Lance Corporal
United_States

EastFront is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
In this day and age putting boots on the ground is oldfashioned except as a last resort, and I share the late Schwarzkopf's view-
"I am quite confident that in the foreseeable future armed conflict will not take the form of huge land armies facing each other across extended battle lines, as they did in World War I and World War II or, for that matter, as they would have if NATO had faced the Warsaw Pact on the field of battle."
- General H. Norman Schwarzkopf

http://www.military-quotes.com/Schwarzkopf.htm

So if I was Trump I'd simply take out Kim's nuke-producing infrastructure with a precision conventional cruise missile/drone blitz starting with his ICBM launch sites because without his nukes Kim is just a harmless tub of hot air.
It's a target-rich environment out there (below)..

Good strategy. However, while the US is taking out No. Korea's ICBM sites, the North will be invading South Korea, and possibly occupying it.This would force the US to get bogged down in yet another potentially very costly and long-term war.

I still say the best strategy is for the US to have a 'secret' pact with China:

The US & South Korea will invade from the south, and China will invade from the North. They will meet in the middle and divvy up the country. Then, with the threat of North Korea eliminated, the US will leave the region, leaving both China and South Korea as the area's top bananas.

Last edited by EastFront; 05 Oct 17 at 03:47..