View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 17, 16:20
Lieutenant General
UK

Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200] Escape2Victory is walking in the light [200]
Iain Banks Culture series.

The originals were published in the late eighties through the nineties and if you pick up one of these copies the cover artwork might put you off as it looks dated Sci-Fi. Far from it. Given when he was writing, the futurology is superb, including an imaging of how AI, robotics, nanotechnology and gene splicing might play out. A believable future universe is created with storylines usually based around a symbolic relationship between humans and machines - the Culture. The story arc is usually focused on a central character on a specific mission for the Culture. I find these engrossing storylines. There are about 7 or 8 books in the series and I am half way though. I heartedly commend them to you!