View Single Post
Old 30 Jun 17, 16:35
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakechampainer View Post
Hi Tom,

Great to see your post. Below is a picture of Desire Dubuque with five generations of family, from the Burlington Free Press dated October 5, 1954. Apparently it is page two, because the flip side is apparently page one, hence the date and banner.

The other picture is a picture of him with a cat, apparently on the front porch. At first glance it looks like it could be from the same time the picture was taken of him with my mother, where she is proudly holding up the fish she caught. Actually quite an interesting picture as the lake and New York state can be seen reflecting in the window. I don't claim to be a photo interpreter, but I think the angle of the sun suggests it is near the summer solstice. Like the picture with the shadows on post 14, I'm here wondering decades -six? later wondering if we are dealing with a master photographer. (Edit - and after thinking about it, I think it most likely was my mother)

On post 2 my grandparents are holding black cats, while he is not. Post 7 is the post with my mother, the hat actually looks different, I think.

Edit: I'm typing in the text from the "Five Generations" photo, so it will show up in searches.

Five Generations - Posing for a family portrait, these five people represent five generations living in the same family. Shown are Mrs. Louis Poquette, Desire Dubuque, Lynn Mary DeGrechie, Mrs. Paul DeGrechie and Roland Poquette. The picture was taken at North Hero. Dubuque is 89 years old, and has six living children, 25 grandchildren, 33 great grandchildren and one great- great grandchild.

Regards,

Tony Tramonte
Repost of picture- five generations. A cousin of mine contacted my sister and me looking for family info. I found this picture again after some looking. My cousin as part of his research found there were Dubuque's in Quebec in 1608 who were masons and in the militia. They were from Northern France, as I suspected, just on a statistical basis.

Also, apparently, no American Indian blood, based on my sister's DNA sample.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9156.JPG (149.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by lakechampainer; 30 Jun 17 at 23:05..