View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 14, 19:57
General of the Forums
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600] lakechampainer is simply cracking [600]
Some "how the other half lives" photos from Marblehead Neck - across the harbor from Fort Sewall. In the first picture, the house on the right is for sale. Nice view, for sure. I think the house one to the left was also for sale. Second picture is of the entrance to the Chandler Hovey Park, where Marblehead Light is. The Light can be seen. A parking area there. Often out-of-state plates. While there I saw Rhode Island, Maryland, and Delaware. Third picture shows the other side of the Corinthian Yacht Club. The fourth picture is looking towards downtown Marblehead. The red structure being renovated is Abbot Hall, which is the town hall and a museum. The museum includes the famous "Spirit of '76" painting and materials relating to native son and former US vice-president Elbridge Gerry - the father of "gerrymandering." The fifth and sixth pictures show some of the many nice boats - notice the Boston skyline in the distance. The tall buildings to the left are downtown Boston. Several miles to the left of these buildings and behind them is Castle Island in South Boston. The two to the right are the John Hancock building and the furthest, the Prudential building. They are in the Back Bay section of town. The Boston Marathon ends in the Back Bay. The Prudential is a mile or a little more from Fenway Park.

While we there, we saw a large group of people in their 50s and 60s cycling. They were from Quebec. There are often cyclists on the neck, who sometimes don't yield so readily to traffic. Also, I would say Marblehead Neck, which includes some 8 figure mansions, must have the highest per square mile ratio in Massachusetts of lawn cutting vehicles from lawn care companies- the lawn mowers, the trailers, etc. Very dusty sometimes from this when I'm walking, I kid you not. Many joggers always along Devereux Beach, the main beach. It is on the causeway out to the Neck. The good people of Marblehead tend to be in good shape. Many boaters, skiers, etc. Often young people in wet suits at Devereux Beach, and windsurfers.

Shubie's is the place to eat - all the locals go there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbot_H...ssachusetts%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirit_...28sentiment%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbridge_Gerry

Devereux Beach - looking southwards towards Swampscott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020456.jpg (400.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1020457.jpg (430.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg P1020455.jpg (410.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P1020447.jpg (398.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1020450.jpg (369.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1020451.jpg (383.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by lakechampainer; 26 Jun 14 at 23:21..