View Single Post
Old 02 Mar 12, 04:16
General
United_States
5 Year Service Ribbon 

lirelou is simply cracking [600]
lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600] lirelou is simply cracking [600]
Esteemed Anh Phieu, your very dry sense of humor may escape some readers. I know that you caught the gist of my quote marks over "chinese". Chinese as in what the folks in Casper, Wyoming thought "Chinese" should be. No Hoa person would ever name their restaurant the "Mekong". At best, it would have been a Mandarin version of Cuu Long, or maybe the Nan Yue?

I've eaten real Chinese food in Taiwan (the best), Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong (2nd Best) and Macao. in restaurants where I was the only Gwei lo. I prefer Vietnamese and Thai to any of them, except when it comes to dumplings, Dim Sum, and hand-made on site noodles.

Phong trần mài một lưỡi gươm, Những loài giá áo túi cơm sá ǵ!

Last edited by lirelou; 02 Mar 12 at 04:21..