View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 12, 18:51
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 

Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Pruitt has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Luck View Post
I must admit I have never heard of putting salt on water melon before. A couple have mentioned it in this thread. I'll have to try it.
Jennie,

That is how my mother taught me to eat Watermelon when I was small. Adding salt might be a Southern thing. I once stopped at a produce stand in Shreveport, LA and found Watermelon Rind Pepper Jelly! My ex the Cajun loved it! She couldn't make me try it. She probably really did like it because she ate it all!

John,

I understand where you are coming from, the geology down here is different than most places. We have many "islands" in the marsh around here that were created by salt domes pushing the ground up. In fact my town is named after the "Sulphur Mines" that once operated just West of town. My Dad was raised in the little company village there. The pond was created when the sulphur was pumped out, collapsing the "island" here and in was a popular swimming hole called "Crystal Creek".

I will always remember my maternal GrandPaw taking my brother, my cousin (from the other side) and me fishing there. We foul hooked a huge White Perch. It was just sitting in the water right next to the bank. GrandPaw dipped a triple hook on a line into the water until he caught the fish on the lip. My cousin got attached and we brought it to his home and it lived in the bathtub for several weeks. I can't say where my cousin bathed during this time!

Pruitt

Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?
Sponsored Links