Thread: Pz.Kpfw. IV
View Single Post
Old 03 Nov 08, 09:11
General of the Forums
Wales
5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign 

Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Nick the Noodle has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I do understand what you are saying . The PzIII was better armoured, had an additional crew member, and better ergonomics. The 38t was lighter, cheaper, more fuel efficient and possessed a greater range.

If you had two armies identical in every respect, except one had 38t's and the other had III's I too would choose the III. But we're not. We're talking about defeating the French. The 38t has the same offensive capability as the III, and a greater radius of action. Its lower weight means smaller bridges can be crossed and less engineering back up when required, easing the supply train.

I'm lucky enough to have a decent cordless power drill/screwdriver, which I would rate far better than a simple screwdriver 9 times out of 10. I do still have standard screwdrivers for some jobs though. Just like the screwdrivers, when rating the two vehicles the III definetely looks better overall, but for the job at hand the 38t is the most useful kit imo .