Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History

Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMO Games (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=298)
-   -   EVE Online (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93040)

DETURK 13 May 10 18:31

EVE Online
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctZ0T-QsR98

The NC Holds Off Southern Assault

Naffenea 15 May 10 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DETURK (Post 1489597)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctZ0T-QsR98

The NC Holds Off Southern Assault

Ya'll won't hold us off for too long.:)

DETURK 17 May 10 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naffenea (Post 1490666)
Ya'll won't hold us off for too long.:)

Ya, with Atlas, GC and COW leaving the north and returning home, should be easier for IT to do it alone. :sarcasm:

Naffenea 20 May 10 03:03

Lol, too true. Though we're getting some IT peeps lately. How about we all go berserk on the RA and solar peeps?

DETURK 07 Jun 10 13:51

I guess IT is in full retreat now, back to Delve for you guys. That was a short 6 month Campaign :)

Naffenea 08 Jun 10 03:07

I kind of liked it when most of Atlas was gone. Now that they're back, they seem to think their offal doesn't stink and they get mouthy in the intel channels. Although there is something to be said for the coolness of hotdropping MoMs on a 30 man BC/HAC roam that thinks our cruiser roam is anything but bait.

CupASoup 08 Jun 10 22:29

My god, this game looks complicated, but sexy. Is it even possible for someone to jump in at this point who has never played?

Naffenea 09 Jun 10 04:30

Very much so. In fact, this past weekend a new record was set with over 60k players on at once. Most games that are 7 years old are declining in popularity. Eve keeps growing.

Eilig 13 Jul 10 13:04

It is not that complicated. Follow the tutorial and join a corp. A few of them are eager to gain members and will help you out if you get lucky. Also, if you enjoy it I recommend you to buy a profile with some skill points otherwise it will take you several months to get your skills up on a level where you will make a difference.

Really amazing graphics but sigh so time consuming. Sometimes you can sit and wait for hours for **** to go down and then nothing happens. And when something DOES happen you will get annihilated in 10 seconds by some 40mil skill points dude sitting 100km away sniping you.

I jumped in and left the game three times because I really enjoy it but I found it very hard to combine with work, girlfriend, sport and a social life. But I sure do miss it. :)

Martok 13 Jul 10 18:28

Edit

CupASoup 13 Jul 10 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eilig (Post 1537883)
It is not that complicated. Follow the tutorial and join a corp. A few of them are eager to gain members and will help you out if you get lucky. Also, if you enjoy it I recommend you to buy a profile with some skill points otherwise it will take you several months to get your skills up on a level where you will make a difference.

Really amazing graphics but sigh so time consuming. Sometimes you can sit and wait for hours for **** to go down and then nothing happens. And when something DOES happen you will get annihilated in 10 seconds by some 40mil skill points dude sitting 100km away sniping you.

I jumped in and left the game three times because I really enjoy it but I found it very hard to combine with work, girlfriend, sport and a social life. But I sure do miss it. :)


Hah! :toast: You sound like me and WoW. I had to decide to play that game or have a life about 5 years ago.

Naffenea 14 Jul 10 04:32

Grrr. Atlas is pissing people off. PL knocked off two systems in the last week, and have lid siege to a third in the last couple of days. They are absent from the intel channels except to gossip and talk dirty. All they keep saying is the renters should be standing against the 300+ cap fleets. The renters are saying tat if they had the cap fleets, they'd side with PL against Atlas. My corp is thinking of moving to the NC.

Naffenea 28 Aug 10 03:12

Ok, now that Atlas has collapsed like a house of cards, my Corp has left the SC and moved to the NC. How is life here?

DETURK 04 Sep 10 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naffenea (Post 1576100)
Ok, now that Atlas has collapsed like a house of cards, my Corp has left the SC and moved to the NC. How is life here?

Well, they have been here longer than our Corporation TGRADS and we have been here for over 2 years. IT(BOB) has tried to kick us out twice and TRI Fail train X 3 has given us greif and a few others. But no one seems to be able to brake NC as we are Best Friends Forever. ('-)

Greasel_burger 04 Sep 10 16:51

I remember living for a month out of can in ATLAS space XD

Was fun actually, made good cash while my corp was in highsec wars before we moved to pure blind.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.