Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History

Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/index.php)
-   World of Tanks (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=366)
-   -   Uninstalled WOT (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140654)

Imperial 04 Oct 13 16:20

Uninstalled WOT

Finally, after two and a half years of playing I got fed up with this rat race game and uninstalled it. :toast:

T. A. Gardner 05 Oct 13 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperial (Post 2650633)
Finally, after two and a half years of playing I got fed up with this rat race game and uninstalled it. :toast:

I find it a fun and meaningless diversion on occasion. I haven't put a nickel into the game either so I'm not losing anything and have no reason to worry about dumping it either.

IvanSidorenko 05 Oct 13 21:22

If you wanna give away your account just hit me up I been playing for over a year and only got a tier 7 I hate the grindddd :(

Imperial 11 Oct 13 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by IvanSidorenko (Post 2651595)
If you wanna give away your account just hit me up I been playing for over a year and only got a tier 7 I hate the grindddd :(

Oh yes, the bloody grind. That's the rat race. Don't be surprised though when you get that tier X tank and realize it's not exactly what you expected. It will have its shortcomings and it can be annoying. Also most of the time you'll end up playing against other tier Xs and IXs. So don't expect the easy "ownage" that low tier players seek to achieve by getting the stronger tanks.

As much as I would like to help you, I already have someone in mind (my cousin's young son) if I decide to give it away.

p.s. Anyway, aren't you playing on the NA servers? I'm on the EU ones.

Hida Akechi 11 Oct 13 16:23

Congrats on that. I dumped mine about two months ago. I could still be fun at times, but I couldn't take the many unintelligent/unnecessary nerfs to game play, and the many (and multiplying by the day) morons playing, anymore.

I'll miss it, but I can live without it.

Greybriar 12 Oct 13 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imperial (Post 2650633)

I haven't uninstalled World of Tanks, but I only play a few times a month when I want a diversion. It's a nice pastime and with its 15-minute random battles it can fit into nearly everyone's schedule.

But, yeah--I've had enough of its grinding.

Imperial 13 Oct 13 07:32

I re-installed it after 8 days or so. The fact that I still had 20,000 XP to go before unlocking the BatChat really bugged me. So I went back in yesterday for some grind and eventually bought the BatChat and took it for a few spins. :o

Yeah, I know, seems like I'm hooked and can't give it up for good.

Dano 14 Oct 13 23:14

The thing I have found to keep it interesting is to have many tanks and of different tiers. Some I will never grind up due to the fun factor. I am almost at the point of getting rid of my last french tank (light) it is just not my play style. Same with the tier 9 american medium. The TDs (sniping) and heavys are more what I like.

My tier 9 medium I am thinking of swapping for a hellcat. again this will be as far as i go in that class

Sarahbeara 15 Oct 13 15:14

If you guys are looking for a change of pace... have you heard of Tank Domination? (http://tankdomination.com) It's an upcoming cross-platform MMO tank simulation coming out on iPad, that features 10 vs 10 player teams and modern day tank models from Russia, China, and the US. There's a trailer and screenshots and stuff on the website.

Hida Akechi 16 Oct 13 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 2659035)
The thing I have found to keep it interesting is to have many tanks and of different tiers. Some I will never grind up due to the fun factor. I am almost at the point of getting rid of my last french tank (light) it is just not my play style. Same with the tier 9 american medium. The TDs (sniping) and heavys are more what I like.

My tier 9 medium I am thinking of swapping for a hellcat. again this will be as far as i go in that class

The most fun tanks were those between tiers IV and VI (though I do have some serious complaints about the Hellcat--please don't ask). The most fun I had with a tank was my KV-1.

The higher tiers were too full of idiots, and the repairs for the tanks were too costly.

The lower tiers were fun too, but those usually were just a mad dash across the map without any sort of care.

Hida Akechi 16 Oct 13 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahbeara (Post 2659616)
If you guys are looking for a change of pace... have you heard of Tank Domination? (http://tankdomination.com) It's an upcoming cross-platform MMO tank simulation coming out on iPad, that features 10 vs 10 player teams and modern day tank models from Russia, China, and the US. There's a trailer and screenshots and stuff on the website.

I will check it out, thanks. And welcome to the forums. Stay, introduce yourself in the Introductions a the top of the page. Talk about military history...avoid the politics section.

ChrisF1987 16 Oct 13 21:46

I myself am beginning to get fed up by the sheer stupidity from the majority of the player base. I don't profess to be the best player around but when I see top of the roster heavy tanks doing ZERO damage there is something very, very wrong ... I regularly have teams where half the team does less than 100 damage. It just blows my mind. There was once a time (2011/2012) where almost all players were at least decent ... nowadays it's a miracle if half of them even leave the circle.

Another thing I have noticed, since 8.7 came out it seems like the MM system has a tendency to give one team an overwhelming advantage in terms of better tanks, more skilled players, etc.

Sarahbeara 18 Oct 13 03:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hida Akechi (Post 2660606)
I will check it out, thanks. And welcome to the forums. Stay, introduce yourself in the Introductions a the top of the page. Talk about military history...avoid the politics section.

Thank you :) I will post a self-introduction! And thanks for the tip haha. Sounds good to me :salute:

No_Nickname 20 Oct 13 02:50

Is it true that WoT is biased when it comes to Soviet vs. German tanks? A friend told me that and I'm a big fan of german armor so I didn't download it.

Also War Thunder is adding tanks and warships as well so I can't wait

Hida Akechi 20 Oct 13 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by No_Nickname (Post 2663606)
Is it true that WoT is biased when it comes to Soviet vs. German tanks? A friend told me that and I'm a big fan of german armor so I didn't download it.

Also War Thunder is adding tanks and warships as well so I can't wait

I'm not sure if that was every true, but it may be based in truth. Or it may not be.

I play mainly Soviet tanks, and I can't remember any time when I felt overmatched by a German opponent. However, I do remember times when I was outmatched by other nationalities, especially those use AUTOLOADERS.

Not really an answer, there probably isn't a good one, but my experience is just that.

OBSCENITY REMOVED
ACG Staff
Duncan