Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History

Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Barracks (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Contact List. (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166094)

DARKPLACE 18 Dec 15 06:15

Contact List.

OK, gents. Like a lot of us I missed the hell out of this place while it was shut down.

I would like to compile a list of e-mail addresses for as many people who want to give them in the event of another Great Black Out then we can at least stay in contact and sort out a rallying point to launch an invasion on another History Board.

This is how I propose to run things.

1/The data will be held only for the purposes mentioned above.

1a/However, should a member wishes to contact another member on the list. If you contact myself I will contact the person you want to talk to and see if they are happy with their information being passed on.
At all times it will be up to the member to consent to the sharing of their information.

2/ Its opt in. You need to provide and update your contact details. I will not chase you for them.

3/ If you want to take part, please use an active e mail account. But if for personal security reasons you want to open a generic free email account such as Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail. just to use for this that's cool, but you may have to periodically open and use the account to keep the address functioning. Having said this using a throwaway email account has the advantage that if you have a falling out with another member that you have shared the email address with you can just walk away from it?

4/ The only data I am prepared to hold is an email address and your screen name. No other identifying information such as addresses or phone numbers will be asked for or stored, holding any more than basic information may result in me having to comply with the UK's Data Protection act and that costs me money and much as I love you all, I don't love you that much. :)

If you are happy with this and want to take part. Then please indicate below (DO NOT ADD CONTACT INFORMATION TO THE THREAD) I will contact you to get the information.

Until I get a grasp of numbers the data will be kept on an Excel spread sheet. If enough people show interest I will open an on line Dropbox account or similar to safely store it, at that point I will ask for another member to hold the password as well as me so that in the event of me going under a bus the data is still accessible.

Any suggestions?

OpanaPointer 18 Dec 15 06:32

I got contacted at Historum and forum.axishistory.com. salinator came through with positive information.

DARKPLACE 18 Dec 15 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpanaPointer (Post 3147429)
I got contacted at Historum and forum.axishistory.com. salinator came through with positive information.

Would you still like to take part? Or are you happy with your contact network as it stands?

OpanaPointer 18 Dec 15 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DARKPLACE (Post 3147436)
Would you still like to take part? Or are you happy with your contact network as it stands?

More means of information acquisition the better. Yoshikawa Takeo would approve. :whist:

DARKPLACE 18 Dec 15 07:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by OpanaPointer (Post 3147437)
More means of information acquisition the better. Yoshikawa Takeo would approve. :whist:

P.M on its way.

MarkV 18 Dec 15 07:53

When you've got it ready contact me please

DARKPLACE 18 Dec 15 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkV (Post 3147456)
When you've got it ready contact me please

PM on its way

slick24 18 Dec 15 09:27

I'll give you mine also

Trung Si 18 Dec 15 13:03

PM sent!

DARKPLACE 18 Dec 15 14:25

Cheers all i will be adding you all to the sheet as soon as I've packed my daughter off to bed.

Just to let you know. Once I've got a few more names on I will fire off a test email mail to make sure I've got the addresses right. I don't know when exactly but will give you advanced warning on here.

Karri 18 Dec 15 14:57

Would be easier to build an automated mail list?

DARKPLACE 18 Dec 15 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karri (Post 3147662)
Would be easier to build an automated mail list?

Long term? Definitely. At the moment there's only five e mail addresses
quicker to cut and paste.

DARKPLACE 18 Dec 15 16:12

Ok that's everyone who's sent an E mail so far added.

G David Bock 18 Dec 15 21:20

I'll get back to ya' and sign up once I've a moment or three to clean out my PM boxes.

DARKPLACE 19 Dec 15 05:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by G David Bock (Post 3147811)
I'll get back to ya' and sign up once I've a moment or three to clean out my PM boxes.

No problem. It's not like there's a time limit.