Field of Glory Patched to v1.40
The release notes of significant changes for the 1.40 patch follow:
- Ability to change a unit’s evade setting. This allows the commander to decide if a unit will evade from combat or stand and fight giving a lot more control.
- Ten new random maps for D.A.G. games.
- New keyboard shortcuts for evades, facing and more. See the help section for more details.
- In the ‘New Game’ and ‘Issue Challenge’ windows, it is now possible to sort historical scenarios by their year or their complexity.
- Improved loading times.
- Teasers for the next 4 army expansions.
- Improved anarchy charges preventing impetuous units charging units behind stakes.
- The ‘attacked by artillery or firearm’ die modifier for ranged combat cohesion tests is now applied if any ranged attack against the unit being tested used artillery/firearm, not just the current ranged combat.
- Improved break, evade & rout move logic.
- When an allied leader is eliminated, only adjacent units that belong to the same nation will now have their cohesion tested.
- Map editor: The unit palette is now organised by army book, to avoid excessively long lists of unit folders.
- Map Editor: Improved the UI by using buttons with icons to select tools, instead of radio buttons.
- In the map editor, the complexity field is now set automatically, rather than being user editable.
- Battle group images are now stored in a way that uses less disk space making future patches much smaller.
- Map Editor : It is possible to give units stakes in the map editor.
- Fixed a crash bug (OutOfBoundsException in gamelogic.s.AncientsMovePathImp.intHexIDs).
- Fixed all reported D.A.G. list errors in the Field of Glory forum.
The patch should be updatable from the main menu of the game.