Field of Glory – Eternal Empire Released
Slitherine and Hexwar have announced that Field of Glory – Eternal Empire, an expansion for the turn-based ancients tactical game Field of Glory, is now available for both the PC and Mac platforms. With the release of Eternal Empire, the Field of Glory system now boasts 124 historical battles with 1,235 different battle groups. Launching at the same time as the Eternal Empire expansion is also the comprehensive 1.6.0 update for the Field of Glory system. The update includes fixes to the engine and D.A.G. as well as a few rule tweaks.
As a special discount for early adopters is being offered and Field of Glory – Eternal Empire will be priced at $19.99 for the first week after release. After that, its stand-alone price will increase to $24.99.
Field of Glory is based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, and is a faithful adaptation of this miniatures wargame.
Eternal Empire adds the Ottoman Empire. This army pack covers the armies of the Ottoman Empire along with the armies of its enemies and allies (1299 to 1500 AD). Eternal Empire also comes with over 200 new battlegroup graphics and supporting information from within the D.A.G. lists in addition to over a dozen new exciting historical battles.
Please note: Field of Glory – Eternal Empire REQUIRES ownership of the original full Field of Glory game.
Some of the features of this expansion include:
- 46 different armies cover the Ottoman Empire along with the armies of its enemies and allies (1299 to 1500 AD).
- 20 new historical battles.
- 89 new battle group images in the scenario editor for Eternal Empire owners.
- Variable Army Sizes. The number of battle groups available to a D.A.G. army now changes depending on the number of points selected.
- Themed Armies; Where a player owns more than one different D.A.G. license, when issuing and accepting challenges for a specific D.A.G, armies from D.A.G’s that cross over into the period covered are also available. See the in game help for more details.
- Allied armies included in Eternal Empires have been added to existing D.A.G.’s e.g. Ilkhanid Mongols in Swords and Scimitars are now allowed ‘Golden Horde’ allies from the Eternal Empires D.A.G.
- 20 new small random battle maps for D.A.G. games.
- Rules for rear ranks of cavalry with missile weapons for newer D.A.G. Armies and for use in the scenario editor.
- Immobile battle group/baggage wagon rules for existing historical battles and the scenario editor. See the help system for more details.
- Complete battle list for each game supplement as part of the help system.
- All reported D.A.G list errors have been fixed.
- All reported crash issues have been fixed.
The version 1.6.0 patch can be found here. The patch is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of the Field of Glory system to 1.6.0. Get more information on Field of Glory – Eternal Empire from its official product page.