Combat Mission Battle for Normandy Patched
The first patch for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy has been released. It contains bug fixes, enhancements, improvements, and adjustments. The patch applies to both the PC and OS X versions of the game.
Some of the features for vehicles include:
- Hit text for projectiles that enter an open vehicle hatch says "Hit: Opening" rather than turret or hull.
- Fixed a bug that prevented ricochets off a Panther lower mantlet into the hull top (though this intentionally remains rare).
- The glacis/hull-roof armor plate on the Tiger front is thicker.
- PSW 222 and PSW 223 are capable of firing weapons after losing a crewman, and have slightly improved commander’s visiblity when buttoned up.
Features for terrain include:
- Subscribe to Armchair General Magazine
- Subscribe online and save nearly 40%!
- Troops hiding in trenches or foxholes get better protection from shrapnel.
- Direct hits do more damage to trees.
Features for Quick Battles:
- The unit auto-purchaser is improved.
- Air support may only be purchased during daytime with clear or hazy weather.
Features for artillery:
- When a forward observer cannot see where spotting rounds impact, he will usually require another round to be fired rather than skip ahead to fire-for-effect with poor accuracy.
- White phosphorous (smoke) does not cause unrealistically high casualties.
Features for soldier behavior:
- Soldiers can spot anti-tank mines (in addition to anti-personnel mines).
- Soldiers are quicker to stop attempting to surrender if friendly soldiers are nearby and enemies are not.
- Troops may throw grenades from buildings at open-topped vehicles.
- Corrected some minor pathing problems across bridges.
- Keyboard camera controls are smoother (Windows version).
- When attaching targeting orders to a waypoint, the range display is calculated from the waypoint, not the unit’s current location.
- Clicking Exit or New in the Editor brings up a confirmation dialog.
- MP40 ammo pouches display correctly on German soldiers.
- Updated US rank icons.
- Fixed some out-of-memory problems.
The above is only a short list of some of the contents of the patch. For the full v1.01 feature list and ReadMe, as well as the DOWNLOAD LINKS for the PC and MAC OSX version of this patch, please visit http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=281&Itemid=478